Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Me So Corny (American Cream Ale) - Tasting

Sunday, June 20th marked my first finished beer since my return home from Australia. I was pretty damn excited! With a few friends coming over to enjoy a day of brewing and my Grandfather and Uncles over for a Father's Day cookout, I decided to dispense "Me So Corny" out to everyone for feedback and opinions. Everyone loved it and kept going back to the kegerator for more. I call that a success!

Me So Corny - American Cream Ale
OG: 1.050
ABV: 5.43%

Look: Golden, slightly hazy (due to Flaked Corn addition), with a fine white lacy head of foam that last fairly well

Aroma: A faint maltiness, with hints of sweet corn and fruity notes

Taste: Fairly low hop bitterness, just enough to balance the maltiness and sweetness. Faint corn and fruity note detectable, with a fairly dry finish

Mouthfeel: Light and smooth in body with a higher carbonation

No comments:

Post a Comment