Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Tiny English Gentleman (Best Bitter) - Tasting

Tonight I had the pleasure of spending my evening with two new friends tasting a few of my brews. I was very lucky because both are well versed in beer and really know their stuff in regards to brewing, so it was nice to get their opinions on my brews. What made it even better was that one of them has a heightened sense of taste. What I can say is that I had a really good time and got a lot of positive feedback on the "Burninator", "Mayan Gold Stout" and "Tiny English Gentleman". And from what I heard, I'm definitely going to need to brew more of these beers!

The Tiny English Gentleman - Best Bitter
OG: 1.047
ABV: 4.32%

Look: Orange-Red, I almost want to say Copper, with an off-white head that doesn't retain fairly long

Aroma: Big malt aromas of raisins and dried cherries, bread and biscuit

Taste: The taste mimics the aroma with bread and biscuit playing more so over the raisins and cherries, however the hops are there and help to balance the beer very nicely. Definitely finishes dry

Mouthfeel: Medium to light in body with a moderate carbonation, more so than what you would find in a casked conditioned version of this style, with a smooth, dry finish

No comments:

Post a Comment